Notice: New Parking Gadget Around Austin — Keep Your Change!
The city of Austin has authorized the use of EasyPark In-vehicle-parking-meters around the city and has placed these parking decals around the city. Look for them as you are driving around, they could save you a lot of time.
Have you seen these?
EasyPark decals like the one above have been placed in all metered zones around Austin. These signs indicate to which zone you should set your device when you pull into a metered spot. EasyPark personal parking meters have been implemented as a complementary method of payment to traditional parking meters to reduce driver expenses and parking tickets throughout the city. By turning the device on and off, you eliminate rushing back to add funds to the meter and avoid overpaying for time not used. They will help keep you dry when the weather is rough too…just run to your destination from your car – don’t stand at the parking meter typing in estimated time and adding coins!
You can reduce your parking expenses by using an online account tool while simultaneously eliminating time lost to parking transactions.
Here’s how it works:
2.Park and turn device ON
4.Display device on the side window closest to the curb
5.Turn the device OFF upon return
6.Go online for your parking receipt & to add funds
If you are interested in purchasing an EasyPark device for the City of Austin, go to their website here: https://www.easyparkusa.com/austin. At the time of this post, the device costs $29.95 and includes $10 of pre-paid meter fees. There is a $1/month membership fee.
EasyPark in-vehicle parking meter affords you several advantages:
- No longer need to have coins or a credit card when parking.
- No longer need to go back and forth to the meter. Just turn your EasyPark on for the zone you are in and enjoy your visit downtown.
- No longer have to predict how long you will be parked. Just turn the device off when you are done.
- Only pay for the time you use in 15 minute increments.
- You can turn it on before the hours of meter operation. It won’t start charging until 8 am.
- You don’t have to come out to turn it off. The EasyPark device will stop charging once meter hours end.
- It will remind you every 60 seconds with a tone in the event you drive away and don’t turn it off.
- Provides records and reporting for business-related expenses
Please follow and like us: